Thursday, January 25, 2018

Complementary Color Example

 Here are the steps that I took in creating my first of four color scheme examples.  I started with turquoise high-flo Golden Paint and Gesso,


I refined it by adding in the rocks, or islands.

I used the complement orange strait out of the bottle on the canvas.

Here all that I did was blend it in to the back ground with a little white.

More cad orange and white were added.

The two complements, orange and blue were used on the horizon and the rocks.


I used black to darken the rocks and add a dark front edge as well as add the sun in a yellow tone.  This addition makes it an analogous complement scheme.


To appear more realistic, the white was added in a glaze over the color at the horizon and at one edge of the two rocks.  I also used an orange in areas to tone down the blue.  This is not a highly realistic painting, but that is good as it only to about 45 minutes from beginning to end.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Architectural Abstaction

 I got started and didn’t stop.